To set up Reverse Apply, go to https://laskie.com/talent/reverse-apply/get-started. Create your account or log in to your existing Laskie dashboard.
Then, you can edit your Reverse Apply form. Show or hide the questions you want recruiters to answer when they apply to you. Then, copy your unique Reverse Apply link and use it everywhere recruiters see your profile or message you.
Your reverse applications will come into your single Laskie dashboard, where you can accept or decline them and book an interview in one click.
In September 2022, Laskie introduced a new approach—Reverse Apply—for software engineers to have jobs apply to them in a structured format. It went viral.
• Thousands of engineers from companies like Square, Spotify, Twitter, and Meta set up Reverse Apply on their LinkedIn profiles. Recruiters from companies like TikTok were happy to apply to them.
• Engineers used it everywhere: LinkedIn, Twitter, personal websites, GitHub, and in auto-responses to recruiters’ messages.
• Recruiters posted about how it was a win-win: they appreciated being able to cut through the noise and apply directly to candidates.
• At the end of 2022, Reverse Apply was featured in LinkedIn News.
We were showered with demand to roll the product out to a broader audience, beyond just software engineers. So we listened, and embedded the v1 of Reverse Apply directly into our core product: Laskie, the operating system for jobs to apply to you. 100% free.
If you're okay with the public seeing that you're entertaining offers: Use Reverse Apply in your LinkedIn header and in your LinkedIn “About” section (this is what recruiters see when they use LinkedIn Recruiter). See #1 and #2 below.
Also, add your Reverse Apply link to your personal website, GitHub, etc.
If you want to keep it private: Use Reverse Apply as an automated template to reply to recruiters' emails and LinkedIn messages. See #3 below.
To quickly set up Reverse Apply and have recruiters apply to you, just follow these steps:
Add the Reverse Apply text and link to your LinkedIn "About" section.
I get a lot of messages from recruiters. To respect both of our time, instead of messaging me, please Reverse Apply: [link]
That's it! Now, you will get an email every time a recruiter reverse applies to you.
Use the same text and link to reply to recruiters' LinkedIn messages and emails. (See #3 below.) This way, all your recruiter applications will come into your single Laskie dashboard.
First, make sure you have "Creator mode" turned on.
Then, edit your LinkedIn page: Under "Website", add your Reverse Apply link and text.
Reverse Apply to me
That's it! Now you can quickly respond to recruiter emails and ask them to Reverse Apply to you.
You can also use this same text to auto-reply to recruiters' LinkedIn messages.
Hi there! Thanks for your email. I get a lot of messages from recruiters. To respect both of our time, instead of messaging me, please Reverse Apply: [link]
We believe that it's time for jobs to apply to people.
The software engineers we work with kept showing us how they:
• Get spammy or vague messages from recruiters where they can’t tell what the exact job, stack, or even company is.
• Don't know what the interview process is or if it requires a technical/whiteboard interview.
• Have screening calls with recruiters that turn out to be a waste of time due to basic misalignments that could have been identified upfront.
To solve this, we started putting all the information about our jobs upfront into our highly-targeted messages to engineers. They appreciated it.
But still, better messages didn’t seem like the most efficient solution.
Then, our CTO Daniel found an engineer who’d created his own reverse apply form. We saw that it was time to change the paradigm: to design a tool for software engineers to have recruiters apply to them.
We worked with a team of software engineers and recruiters to find the sweet spot of a) the 80/20 of structured job information that engineers wanted and b) what recruiters will complete.
In our tests, 90% of recruiters happily completed the form, and the 10% who didn't did not have a targeted job opportunity.
This is Reverse Apply. Now:
• Recruiters apply to you in a structured format, just like a job application but reversed.
• You get all the information you need upfront, including the interview process.
• Quickly see if a job opportunity is worth your time before scheduling a call.
Take a live demo here.
Using Reverse Apply? Please add your own testimonial below!
We would love you to join the community who believes that it's time to flip the traditional recruiter-candidate paradigm. Here's what you can do:
• Record a video or write a review about Reverse Apply and post it on YouTube, social media, or on your blog.
• Write an article about Reverse Apply and how Laskie is leading the movement to have jobs apply to people.
• Want to interview our CEO Chris? Connect with him on LinkedIn and send him an interview request. He's friendly!
• Write or record a testimonial about Reverse Apply here: https://testimonial.to/reverse-apply
• Post in support of #ReverseApply on social media. See Drew's example here.
• To link to this page, please use this permalink: https://blog.laskie.com/blog/reverse-apply-is-here
• If you want to post about #ReverseApply, please follow and tag @ChrisJBakke (on Twitter) and Laskie, Josie Crivocapich, Chris Bakke, Daniel O'Shea, and Eric Sanders (on LinkedIn).
• Please use hashtag #ReverseApply and #Laskie everywhere so we can find your post! You can also use hashtags #FlipTheScript, #ParadigmShift, #LevelThePlayingField, #FutureOfWork, and #PeopleFirst.
To learn more about some of the philosophy behind Reverse Apply, read Eric Sanders's original Substack newsletter articles here and here, as well as our blog post here. Also see the original LinkedIn launch post and a LinkedIn video Eric made to kickoff this project.
We'd love your feedback, as well as examples of how you're using Reverse Apply and your success stories! You can share them directly with Josie Crivocapich on LinkedIn. We're excited to take inspiration from your feedback to design the future of our product.
In 2023, we are building out our full operating system to have jobs apply to you. Our express goal is making sure you never have to apply to a job again. Instead, you will review all your reverse applications from within your single Laskie dashboard.
We can't wait to work with you.
Sign up for Laskie and let us send you more reverse applications from companies we're working with directly: https://laskie.com/talent/get-started
Follow Laskie on LinkedIn (and subscribe to all our notifications) to join the community who believes in people-first job matching, and get updates, tips, and tricks about having jobs apply to people.
Connect with Josie on LinkedIn and DM her any questions about setting up Reverse Apply!
If you haven't set up Reverse Apply yet, do it now. Takes <5 minutes: https://laskie.com/talent/reverse-apply/get-started